The Lukas LK-7950 WD is among the latest cameras Published by the Korean Producer Qrontech. This is a full featured double channel camera using 1080p recording for both the front and back cameras. The LK-7950 WD is based on the Texas Instruments TMS320DM8148 processor which controls the two cameras.
The front camera records at 1080p 30fps with a bit rate of 7Mbps. The back camera records at 1080p 24fps using a bit speed of 5Mbps. This camera has very good video quality through the day and good video quality at night to the front camera. The back camera is a marginally worse because of the lower bit rate and lower fps. The Panorama X2 (2 chips and greater bitrate) has marginally better video quality but the LK-7950-WD isn’t so far behind.
What makes the Lukas stand out is the number of attributes provided:
- Dual Performance: Uses a Complete size SD card (maximum 256GB) for ordinary video and a microSD card (maximum 256GB) for event footage
- The front and back cameras are separate documents but also the viewer software synchronizes them for watching
- WiFi capability using Android and iOS programs
- Many modification settings (such as correcting for tinted windows) and even enables adjustments to me personally created while the camera is recording
- Intense operating temperature capability of -30C to 80C
- Built-in low voltage cut-off
- UV Filter and CPL Filter
- Ability to define the motion detection region
- Auto-format function
- Excellent Lukas viewer app
- Optional Built-in GPS that provides the capability to trip distance
- Optional OBDII connectivity
- If you’re looking for the Best blackvue dash cams then you’re doing good in 2017
While most Korean Dual Cameras possess a large touch screen, the LK-7950 WD only has a simple LED on the rear of the camera. However, there are some things to be aware of:
- the largest drawback is that the large size of the front camera at 109mm x 99mm x 38mm. Total black are a little more discreet.
- The LK-7950 WD was designed to be utilized for parking style and no cigarette lighter supplied. A 3-wire hardwire ( battery, acc(floor) is provided and this can be typically connected to the fuse box. You can purchase an optional cigarette lighter connector if necessary
- USDashCamera has created a video review published below.